Apple Pay FAQs
- What can I do with the First National Bank mobile app?
With the First National Bank mobile app you can check account balances, view transaction history, transfer funds between accounts, pay bills and even deposit checks using the camera on your phone. You can also find the nearest branch or ATM and easily find contact information if you need to call us.
- Is the First National Bank app secure?
Our mobile security uses the same high standards we use in our online banking. It is designed to provide for a secure exchange of information with our customers. We utilize multiple security protocols such as firewalls, data encryption and customer authentication techniques. Account information is never stored on your phone.
- What is the difference between online banking and the mobile app?
For the most part, you can do the same functions on your mobile device as you can on your computer. The mobile app is simply optimized for your mobile device so it is easier to use.
- I'm having trouble finding the app in the app store.
There will be several apps in the app store with the name First National Bank. Try searching FNBSD to ensure you're downloading the correct app. The icon will be green with our Circle One Logo and FNBSD below it.
- What is my user ID and password?
If you are enrolled in online banking you will use the same user ID and password that you use to log-into your computer. Not enrolled in online banking? Just select Enroll when you launch your mobile device to set up online banking.
- What if I lose my phone or get a new one?
No problem – just download the First National Bank app again from the app store and log-in with your online banking User ID and password. Our mobile app does not store any personal information on your phone, so you won’t have to worry about losing information or transferring it to a new phone.
- How much does mobile banking cost?
Our app is free! Data charges from your mobile carrier may apply.
- What devices are supported with the app?
iPhone, iPad, and Android Phones and Tablets
- Can I use BillPay through the mobile app?
Yes, you can conveniently set up and manage bill pay right from your mobile device.
- What are the requirements for a mobile deposit?
a. You must have an eligible checking account.
b. You are limited to $3,000 or five items, per day.
c. Don't forget to endorse your check.
d. Please unfold and flatten your check and place in a well-lit area with a solid background when taking your photo. Make sure you can see all corners of the check and try to avoid shadows.
- Are there any fees for mobile deposit?
No, depositing a check using our mobile apps is free!
- What are the cut off times for mobile deposit and when will my deposit be available?
If your deposit is made by 8:00 p.m. Central Standard Time / 7:00 p.m. Mountain Standard Time, that day will be consider the day of your deposit. If your deposit is made by 8:00 p.m. Central Standard Time, Monday – Friday, your funds are generally available within 2 business days. On weekends or holidays, the following business day will be considered the day of your deposit.
- What should I do with my paper check?
Keep your check in a safe place for 14 days, in case it is needed for verification. Please check your account history to verify your deposit has been credited. It's also a good idea to write "Already Deposited" on the front of your check so it's not accidentally deposited again.
- Which First National Bank cards are eligible?
First National Bank Visa® debit and credit cards (personal cards only), and Mastercard® credit cards (personal and business) can be used for Apple Pay. Check the back of your card for the issuer name as some of our cards carry different brands on the front of the card.
Note: Some exclusions may apply. Not all cards are eligible at this time.
- How do I make a purchase using a card other than my default card?
- To use a card other than your default card, simply tap on the stack of cards at the bottom of the Apple Pay screen, this will allow you to view all the cards available in Apple Pay.
- Select the card you would like to pay with and use Touch ID to complete the purchase.
- What devices can be used with Apple Pay?
- In Store – iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus or Apple Watch paired with iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus.
- In App – iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 3
- How do I make sure Apple Pay is turned off when I don’t want to use it?
Apple Pay is locked when the device is locked. Touch ID is required in order to use Apple Pay.
- What should I do if I lose my card?
If you lose your card, contact us immediately. We will close your card and issue you a new card. Once you receive your new card, you will need to re-load it into Apple Pay.
- What should I do if I lose my Apple device?
- If you lose your iPhone, iPad or Apple Watch, call us at the number listed on the back of your card and let the representative know that you lost your device. They will be able to remove your Apple Pay card information from your phone in order to prevent unauthorized charges. We can only remove First National Bank cards therefore you will need to contact other issuers separately.
- You should also go to www.icloud.com/find or use the Find my iPhone app to put your device in Lost Mode in order to suspend Apple Pay, or wipe your device completely.
- Lastly, contact your service provider so they can suspend your service.
- Learn more about what to do if your Apple device is lost or stolen.
- Why does my card image on my phone look different than my physical card when I load it in Passbook?
Your card image may appear differently in Apple Pay, but the last 4 digits of your card appear at the bottom of the card in Passbook so you know the correct card was loaded into Apple Pay.
- How do I set my First National Bank card as my default card to pay?
Go to Passbook in your iPhone General Settings to set your default card.
- I use my First National Bank card for iTunes, can I connect this to Apple Pay?
Yes! Add as you would any other card.
- Why am I being asked to verify my card?
For security purposes, we may ask you to call our Customer Care Center to verify your card when adding it to Apple Pay. This is done to confirm your identity and protect your personal information.
- Will I still have access to the same benefits my card offers if I use Apple Pay?
Yes, all the same benefits and protection that your credit or debit card provides will continue to be available. There is no change to your existing card or its benefits.
- Will I still earn rewards on eligible purchases if I use Apple Pay?
If you currently earn rewards on purchases, you may continue to earn rewards for eligible purchases, including Apple Pay purchases. Some reward programs may have limitations.
- How do I update my card’s expiration date or card number in Apple Pay?
When you receive an updated credit or debit card, delete the card stored in Apple Pay and load your new card.
- I have multiple First National Bank cards, can I add multiple to Apple Pay?
Yes, you can add up to eight (8) eligible cards into Apple Pay.
- Can I add the same card on multiple devices?
Yes, you can add the same card to Apple Pay on multiple compatible devices.
- What are the transactions appearing under my card in Apple Pay?
- First National Bank has enabled you to see the most recent purchases made with the card used in Apple Pay.
- To turn this feature off, go to Settings on your Apple device, select Passbook and Apple Pay and turn off Card Notifications.
- If I load my First National Bank card onto my Apple device, will I be charged any new fees or rates?
- There is no cost associated with adding your card to Apple Pay, although it does require an active data plan. Note that additional message and data charges may apply.
- Your credit card’s terms and conditions, and your debit card’s Deposit Account Agreement will apply to all Apple Pay purchases.
- How do I return a purchase I made through Apple Pay?
There is no change to the process that you use to make a return, but we recommend that you have your device available when returning any items to a retailer.
- What happens when I replace or update my device?
If you replace or update your device, you will need to re-add your card(s) to the new device.
- How do I remove my card from Apple Pay?
- Select the card in Passbook that you would like to remove, than click the info icon in the bottom right corner to view the back of the card.
- Scroll to the bottom of the info screen until you see “Remove Card”.
- Select this option and your card will be instantly removed from Passbook.
- Can I use Apple Pay outside of the United States?
If you are shopping at a participating retailer, Apple Pay will work outside of the United States.
- I have a chip enabled card, will it still work in Apple Pay?
Yes, Apple Pay will work with chip enabled cards.